It’s about an old book called Facebook


Facebook is not actually an old book. Remember that MSN thing? Some insist not having Facebook, and I have been one of them until 2012. Before that, I used email and blog. Anyway, five years is enough to be old in the time like this. I suddenly sound old to use ‘the time like this’. I know.

Facebook becomes the thing like old phone book. I’ve got my classmates from elementary school and even some people in the same group for a presentation in college. Some ‘friends’ I don’t really want to be involved with anymore. I don’t mean to hurt anyone’s feeling, but I might be a friend that someone never think of contacting again as well. A sad truth.

My friends like to play with each other’s account and post some hilarious things on the page, or send a message to people. It’s a daunting joke that we assume the account with a photo is the actual people we know. Once, I was so close to some kind of Internet fraud on Facebook. Hey, I am so antisocial that I have lots of social media accounts, and I seldom post on my page. How do they know that he was the person that I would like to contact again and was willing to help him no matter what? Funny coincidence. Silly me.

I get other medias to use, or say a bit too many. What I do is separate myself into different parts. I have a list of them, not to mention the three blogs I had. It’s scary, isn’t it? It sounds like I have horcruxes like Voldemort does, and it sometimes drives me crazy. I said to myself, ‘Take a break from those social media,’ but I ended up opening all of them again and again, like blinking in every 5 minutes.

留言